Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Success

While I was driving the other day, I saw a license plate that read "$ucce$$". That got me thinking, how do we measure success?

The owner of that car seemed to measure success by how much money he had. Others measure success by how many possessions they have or how far they have climbed the "corporate ladder". Still others measure success by how many friends they have or the kind of relationships they have with friends and family.

But how does God want us to measure success?  I believe success can be measured in three ways: 1) FAITH in God, 2) FAITHFULNESS to God, 3) FOCUSED on God's plan for your life.

Joshua 1:8 says,  This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. (NASB)

So the question is, Does God consider you to be successful?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Good One ! That's from Dad (and me) That's one of my favorite verses. The plan for success seems so easy. Yet how many times we mess it up.