Monday, December 6, 2010

Lesson from a Child's Prayer

Every night before we put our girls to bed we read a Bible story with them and then they each take turns thanking God for something. The list almost always include, mommy, daddy, sisters, grammy, grampy, grandma, grandpa, along with other various things. But last night as my 3 year old was praying, I heard her thank God for something that I had never heard her thank Him for before. She thanked God for her cold.

This got me thinking, when was the last time you thanked God for the difficulties in your life. We all have them, they are apart of life. But do we thank God for them?

1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, "in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

It is easy to thank God for the good things, but do we thank Him in the difficult times as well. I don't mean putting on some kind of fake smile as if nothing is wrong. I mean living with our eyes on Jesus and seeing things from His perspective. living with the kind of faith that allows you to see the blessings in the midst of the difficulty. 

Always remember that God has a plan of making you more like His Son. So whatever your facing, thank God!


1 comment:

Addi H said...

This is what I was talking about at thanksgiving service. I recently was reminded and actually thanked God for some of the "bad" things that happened. Helped shape me into the person I am becoming and also show me there are some great people in my life (you and your family in particular).