Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vote Your Values

Over the past few months we have been bombarded with political ads telling us way we should or should not vote for a certain candidate. Usually these ads tell us very little about what the candidate stands for it only tells us why they think we should not vote for the other candidate.

Then there is the debates. We have had three opportunities to see the two presidential candidates debate the issues with one another, but this usually turns into just another political ad telling us why they think we should not vote for the other candidate.

There are so many issues out there that people are concerned. The economy, health insurance, jobs, these are just a few. And though I believe  they are important issues, I do not trust any man or woman with my future. I chose rather to trust God with my future.

As a Christian I chose to vote my values. I chose to stand on the principles and standard found in the Word of God and cast my vote for the candidate that most closely aligns with those values. Now I understand that no one is perfect and no matter who I vote for they will probably make mistakes along the way. But I would rather vote based on my values as a Christian and leave the economy to God. After all He knows best anyway and He has never let me down.

Maybe some of you have already participated in early voting, I did just this morning. If you haven't voted yet, watch this video and VOTE YOUR VALUES!


No comments: