Monday, March 4, 2013

Encouraging Others

The other day I was out on a 19 mile run. Whenever I run I always carry Gatorade with me, but on a 19 miles run I need more than I can carry. So I decided that I would run out 5 miles then back to the house where my wife would be waiting to fill up my Gatorade bottles then  I could finish my run.

As I was running down my street I could see all my girls standing at the end of the driveway cheering me on. I gave them my Gatorade bottles and kept running down the street as my wife went to fill them up. My girls kept cheering me on as I was running down the street and back.

After picking up my now filled bottles, I took off out of the neighborhood to finish out the 19 miles. It was so encouraging to have my girls cheering for me as I ran.

As I left the neighborhood to finish the run, a verse came to my mind.

Hebrews 10:24-25 - And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Just as my girls encouraged me while I was running, we need to be encouraging others as we run this race called the Christian life.

Who can you encourage today?

No comments: