Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Forgive One Another

Forgiveness, that's something we all need and want from others but one of the most difficult things to give to others.

How do we learn to forgive?

Colossians 3:13 says, Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

I know what your thinking, "You don't know how I've been hurt. I don't want to forgive, I want justice. I want the other person to know the pain they caused me.

The truth is, forgiveness is not easy, it does not come naturally. But we must learn to forgive.

Did you catch the last phase of that verse in Colossians? "Just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you".

Jesus could certainly find fault with us. All the things that Jesus wants us to do, and we don’t do them. All the things that Jesus doesn’t want us to do, and we do them. But Jesus forgives. Not because we deserve it or have earned it, but because He loves us.

We must learn to do the same.

No comments: