Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God's Plan is Always Good

Have you ever had "one of those days" (or weeks) where you just have to ask the question, "God, why is this happening to me?" only to discover, at the end of the day, this was for your good? I just did!

Three weeks ago, while out to lunch, I discovered my van wouldn't start. I did everything I could think of to get it started, but nothing happend. So I got a ride back to the office and later that day went back to check on my van. I got in, tunred the key and it started right up. So I drove it to the machanic to see if he could figure out what happened.


He kept the van for a week and the problem never happened. So I pick up my van thinking all is well. Four days later I had the same problem, it wouldn't start, only this time the "check engine light" came on as well. This time I waited about 30 minutes and then tried to start the van. It started.

I took it back to the machanic and told him that it happend again and asked if he could figure out what was going on. He kept the van for three days, but the problem never happened for him and he didn't believe the problem with the "check engine light" was related.

He recommended I take it to the dealer, thinking they may have seen this problem before and could fix it. So I took it to the dealer to have them run a test as to why the "check engine light" came on. They did and they told me what it would take to fix that problem. In the process of fixing that problem, a screw from one of the "butterfly valves" came loose and fell inside the piston.

I was told that 4 of the 6 valves were loose and that this could have happend while I was driving, but thank God it didn't. I am told that if it had it would have locked up the motor while I was driving and of course that would have been very bad news.

They were able to get everything fixed and I now have my van back three weeks later, but no one is sure why my van wouldn't start before.

I believe God was looking out for me and causing me to have to take my van in to have this other part fixed, so that I would not have the major problems I could have had.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans that I have I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

If we go back one verse and read verse 10 we see that the plans God had for Israel would not be fulfilled for 70 years. Sometimes God takes us through a valley before bringing us up on the mountain top.

What is God doing in your life right now? Never forget that God's plans are always good!

No comments: