Sunday, October 4, 2009

All in God's Timing

Isaiah 55:8 says, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

People have been asking me for a couple weeks now, when our baby was going to be born. Of course I kept telling them, "any day now, just not on a Sunday because I have to preach". But God had other plans. Kirsten Grace was born today at 1:19pm. Of course I was in the hospital with Melissa and my father-in-law preached for me.

Isn't it funny how we have certain plans and God decides to do things differently. Scripture is full of examples where people thought they had things figured out or would have chosen to do things differently, but God always knows what is best.

I'm glad I can trust God even though I don't always understand His ways.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thank you so much for writing your thots. I am always so blessed when I read them and I'm so proud you are my son. I'm so glad we can trust God for everything. Love you, Mom