Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Service with a Smile

2 Corinthians 9:7 …God loves a cheerful giver. (NASB)


You have probably heard this verse many times and more than likely it was in the context of giving money to the church. But I believe it’s a mistake to apply that statement to the giving of money alone.

I believe “God loves a cheerful giver” applies also to those who give their time and effort and expertise in the service of God.

And God LOVES IT when you and I are serving Him and His people with joy and laughter and excitement and fulfillment.

I believe God LOVES IT when we’re having a blast in glorifying Him by serving others! Because He loves cheerful giving!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

A good reminder to me while I'm home doing housework... all for the glory of God in everything I do!