Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Easy Yoke

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.  (Matthew 11:28-30  NASB)

The yoke was apart of the plow that two oxen put their heads in to pull the plow.

How many of you feel like you are pulling the plow by yourself? Maybe you are.

If you feel tired in your walk with the Lord, maybe you need to be yoked together with Jesus. When you are yoked together with Jesus, He does most of the pulling and you will find rest.

Jesus says, " Take My yoke upon you and...YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS ."

Don't bear the burdens you were never meant to bear alone. Let Jesus bear your burdens and receive the rest He offers.


2 comments:

Becky said...

These verses have been on my mind for a week now. I keep quoting them over and over. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

God has been teaching me so much about living freely in Him. I find such comfort in knowing He included verses like these in Scripture because it means He knew we would need this encouragement.