Monday, February 14, 2011

Don't Just tell me, show Me!

Today is Valentine's Day. A day to tell our friends and family how much we love them. Often times we do this with a card, flowers, a special dinner, or some small gift. 

When I go to choose a card for my wife, I take a long time looking at all the cards and I usually go to several stores before I find the right one. You see, I want to make sure it says, exactly how I feel about her.

I make sure I tell my wife "I love you" often, but I know that she appreciates it more when I show her that I love her. Things like: spending time with her, taking her out for a special dinner occasionally, and helping her around the house. These are some of the things I can do to show my wife how much I love her.

You know, God not only tells us how much He loves us in His Word, but He also showed us how much He loves us.


Romans 5:8 says, But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 

Isn't it amazing that God would die in our place and offer us forgiveness and eternal life!


God likes it when we tell Him that we love Him, but He likes it more when we show Him.


John 14:15 says, If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.


How can you show God that you love Him today?

No comments: